- Clean Stainless Steel Appliances – 10 Surprsing Ways - February 21, 2023
- 5 Best Pizza Dough Mixer For 2023 - January 24, 2023
- 6 Best Stand Mixer Reviews Of 2022 - January 9, 2023
The blender is considered a staple of every household kitchen.
It can be used for a variety of different purposes, from making smoothies to sauces, to soups, and even a cocktail if you’re feeling it! Their versatility in the kitchen is unmatched.
It is predicted that the blender market will rise exponentially from 2022 to 2032, with an increase in sales of 4.8%.
Not only this but it is documented that blenders make up approximately 8.3% of the overall market for kitchen appliances.
If you’ve found yourself wanting to invest in a blender to fulfill your kitchen appliance needs, you will most certainly have come across two very prominent brands in the market.
The two big contenders in the blender industry are the Nutribullet and the Ninja. Both blender brands have their merits, making it difficult to choose which one to buy.
Below, we take a look at some of the main features and benefits of both blenders, to help you make an informed decision about which of these best suits your lifestyle.
Nutribullet is a company based in LA, California. They brought out the first Nutribullet blenders in 2012 and quickly became a staple in the market.
Made from the best materials, they are BPA-free, which means that they are free from toxic polycarbonate materials.
There are a wide array of different colors and sizes available, giving you several options when it comes to finding the right match.
Ninja is a company which has been made famous for their fantastic range of kitchen appliances. Their name alone promises quality.
They are the primary rival company of Nutribullet. Offering both larger and smaller-sized blenders, they feature stylish designs suited to the modern market.
Their website guarantees speed, power and incredible results from their blenders.
Nutribullet is known as the original nutrition extractor blender. Designed for simplicity, its ease of use makes it accessible to those who are new to these appliances.
As well as a range of full-sized blenders, they also boast a wide array of compact blenders that don’t skimp on power.
Their range includes (but is not limited to) the following models:
- NutriBullet Blender Combo
- NutriBullet Pro 1000 Personal Blender
- NutriBullet Single Serve Blender
- NurtiBullet RX
Like Nutribullet, Ninja also contains a nutrition extractor blender to make sure that no nutrients are lost when blending fruits and vegetables.
Unlike Nutribullet, the items listed below reflect the larger, heavy-duty style of blenders that Ninja tend to produce.
- Ninja Compact Kitchen System
- Ninja TWISTi Blender
- Ninja Mega Kitchen System
- Ninja Professional Countertop Blender
Nutribullet Blending Performance
The Nutribullet’s structure is made up of three different components.
The base, the container, and the lid. Its simple design guarantees ease of use, infact, the Nutribullet has been manufactured with this particular goal in mind.
Developed by Dr Stephen Pratt, Pratt wanted to create a blender which would be accessible to those unable to use a regular blender due to physical limitations.
The most prominent and talked about feature boasted by the Nutribullet is that it contains a nutrient extractor device.
This device ensures that you get the most from the nutrients in the fruit and vegetables contained in your smoothie.
Another great feature of the Nutribullet is its hassle-free nature when it comes to food preparation.
You can place larger pieces of fruit and vegetables in the blender without having to worry about chopping them up into smaller chunks.
An issue raised by customers who purchased the Nutribullet was that sometimes when blending larger ingredients or ice, the blender could pause and would need to be shaken.
This makes the overall time taken to produce a smoothie a bit longer.
Ninja Blending Performance
The heavy-duty nature of the Ninja blenders ensures their reliability.
Customers who purchase Ninja blenders always boast about the range of different ingredients they can use, making it a great choice for those who are looking for a multipurpose blender.
From fruits to ice cream, to nuts, and even ice cubes, the Ninja blender is turly a versatile device.
The reason why the Ninja blender is so adept at tackling different ingredients is because of the sharp blades it uses.
Therefore, it is important to make sure that you are careful whilst operating this device, as it may not be the safest option if you have young children in the kitchen.
In fact, some customers warned that they had inadvertently cut themselves because they were not prepared for the sharpness of the blades. Therefore, caution should be practiced.
Nutribullets offer a wide range of different features which make them a great first choice of blender. One of the primary things to consider when purchasing a new blender is its power capacity.
Nutribullets offer a great deal of power, depending on which model you buy. Some of their blenders feature up to 1500W of power, allowing you to break up larger food items easily.
This is great if you’re looking for a blender that can produce a range of different recipes, including those which are denser like nut butters.
Another beneficial feature of Nutribullet blenders is that they are mostly lightweight. The average Nutribullet pitcher will contain 64 oz/1.8 liters.
This makes them great for those who are looking for a blender to produce smoothies and soups for themselves or just a few family members.
The Nutribullet also makes a great transportable blender to take on the go.
Ninja blenders are also great in terms of power, with versions such as the Ninja Mega Kitchen System reaching a capacity of 1500W like their competitor.
As well as having a great power capacity, the Ninja blenders also tend to have more tailored settings to blend a more diverse range of ingredients.
Some of their models have Auto-iQ and pre-timed programs which perform blending pulsing and pausing patterns.
This means that you won’t need to worry about doing any of the blendings yourself, you can simply switch it on and wait for the results.
In addition, if you are somebody who likes to match the appliances in their kitchen, Ninja is a brand which offers a wide range of kitchen appliances, including soup makers and food processors.
The Ninja, having a range of larger blender options, make it less likely to incur any damage from regular use. It’s size will ensure its durability and make it a leading product in your kitchen.
It is essential to consider pricing when you are thinking of investing in household appliances, especially items such as blenders which can quickly become one of the most widley used items in your kitchen.
You will be pleased to find that both of these options have some budget-friendly options if you don’t want to over-spend.
However, on the other hand, if you are willing to pay more to ensure optimum quality, both companies also offer pricier models to reflect this.
Having a wider range of blenders on the market, you will, however, find it easier to find more affordable options from Nutribullet.
This is because they offer a larger range of blenders in regards to size.
How easy the cleanup operation is for both models is also an important factor when deciding on your ideal blending experience.
Those who are familiar with the accumulation of mess in the kitchen, especially with larger families, know how quickly things can get out of hand.
The last thing you need is a frequently used appliance which is difficult to clean.
One of the best things about both Nutribullet and Ninja is that they are both dishwasher safe, cutting out any unnecessary cleaning stress.
The only thing to make sure of is that you rinse the components thoroughly before placing them in the dishwasher, to guarantee that no food particles are left inside.
It is also advised that you do not use the sanitize cycle when washing your blender parts as this may cause the plastic to become warped.
Side By Side Comparison
In order to take a closer look at the benefits of Nutribullet versus Ninja, let’s take a look at specific models produced by both companies.
Both boast a wide range of different features and advantages, but which is the best? We take a look at some of these attributes below.
#1 Nutribullet Blender Combo
The NutriBullet combo boasts a wide range of different features to give you the most easy and convenient blending experience possible.
It has a flexible range of options which allow you to create everything from savory soups to smoothies.
- Power – High range of power which reaches 1200 watts, allowing you to create an array of different food items. The high capacity for power allows you to blend denser items such as nuts to create butters.
- Control – With a high precision of different speeds, you can fine-tune your blending needs, as you can adjust your blender in accordance with your specific requirements.
- Nutrient extraction technology – This means that you get the most out of the natural vitamins and minerals found in your ingredients.
- BPA-free – Made from high-performance plastic, the materials used are guaranteed to be free from any toxicity.
- Serving options – With the ability to house several different serving options, the blender can contain larger serving sizes as well as solo-sized cups for smaller portions.
- Hassle-free cleaning – Their blenders are dishwasher safe, making them a dream to clean.
- Noise – Some users complained that the blender proved to be particularly noisy.
- Suction base – The blender has a suctioned base allowing it to grab onto surfaces, which may make it an inconvenient choice if you are looking for mobility.
- Struggles with certain ingredients – This blender can be tricky to use when trying to blend ice cubes, which can stall its function.
#2 Ninja Professional Compact Smoothie And Food Processing Blender
- Power – This blender has an 1100-watt base, which makes it easy to blend dense items, and is impressive considering the compact nature of the machine.
- Total crushing – This blender is highly adept at crushing difficult ingredients such as ice as a result of its 6-blade assembly.
- Nutrient extraction technology – It’s powerful motor breaks down fruit and vegetables giving you all the vitamins and minerals you need.
- XL capacity – The blender has a capacity of 64 oz, making it perfect for producing larger quantities of beverages and soups despite its more compact nature.
- Contains a recipe book – One of its benefits is that it comes with a recipe book full of different ideas for smoothies, frozen drinks, sauces and more.
- Convenience – Weighing 7.6 pounds, it is lighter than many of the blenders produced by Ninja, making it possible to transport your blender wherever and whenever you need it.
- Material – Some users complained about the quality of the plastic used, saying that it could develop cracks after prolonged use.
- Leaking – Because of its powerful motor, this can very occasionally cause small amounts of liquid to leak from the top of the lid. Therefore, it is important to take care when choosing which power setting to use.
- Blades – Because of its function allowing you to blend denser ingredients, the blades are very sharp as a result, so practice caution when operating.
After considering the pros and cons of two specific models produced by Nutribullet and Ninja, as well as assessing the wider features and benefits of both brands, it is possible to make an informed decision about which of these best suits your needs.
As we can see, the Ninja blenders are great for those who are looking for power.
In our product comparison, we took a relatively lightweight option from their range of blenders, and even with its more compact nature, it still produced up to 1100 watts.
The larger blenders produced by Ninja, some of which are listed in the product range, can reach up to 1500 watts.
These heavy-duty blenders make up the majority of their products, this, combined with their powerful blades, make them an excellent staple for your kitchen.
In addition to this, the performance of Ninja when it comes to its range of blending options far surpasses that of Nutribullet.
Their sharp blades make them highly adept at tackling a wide variety of food items.
If however, you are somebody who is looking for a more lightweight and mobile option, the Nutribullet will be more suited to your needs.
Their larger blenders, in comparison to those produced by Ninja, have gotten complaints of being unable to tolerate denser items, particularly ice.
The more compact options, however, are great if you are looking for a portable blender to take to work or if you are travelling.
In terms of price, Nutribullet, because of their wider range of blending products, have more options in regards to affordability, however, both brands offer more budget-friendly options as well as pricier choices.
Ultimately, both blenders excel in many of their features, it is all about choosing a blender which suits your specific requirements to fit in with your lifestyle.